ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 22, 2019 — The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) is pleased to present the inaugural class of participants in the Leader Development Program (LDP). A total of 18 individuals from across the membership, one from each SAME region and one representing the International Committee, have been selected to participate in this professional development program.
Developed with support from the SAME Foundation, LDP identifies and cultivates talent from within SAME’s membership to address the nation’s grand challenges. The program supports the development of the next generation of world-class military, government, and industry leaders for the Society and our nation through a curriculum of hands-on training, study, and active engagement in new opportunities. Participants will explore individual strengths and team dynamics, and discover their potential personally and professionally. LDP is a yearlong commitment beginning at the Joint Engineer Training Conference (JETC) 2019 to be held in Tampa, Fla, May 7-9. The graduation of the first class will be held at the 2020 JETC in Washington D.C.
SAME and the SAME Foundation are proud to introduce the 2019-2020 LDP Inaugural Class:
• Ilana Almquist, Coffman Engineers Inc. (Pacific Region)
• Holly Bigelow, P.E., Wood (Europe Region)
• Maj. Craig Bryant, USA, Fort Hood, Texas (TEXOMA Region)
• Maj. Mark DeSouza, P.E., USAR, Thomas & Hutton (Carolinas Region)
• Angela Gomez, KOMAN Construction LLC (Southwest Region)
• Patricia Graham, EnSafe Inc. (New England Region)
• Lt. Mike Guaigua, P.E., CEC, USN, NAVFAC EURAFSWA (International Committee)
• Erin Krug, P.E., USACE St. Paul District (Great Lakes Region)
• Sean Lebel, P.E., AECOM (Mid-Atlantic Region)
• Lt. Cdr. Samuel Lee, P.E., CEC, USN, University of Washington (Northwest Region)
• Melissa Lewis, Scott AFB, Ill. (Missouri River Region)
• Capt. Brendan Maestas, USAF, Air Force Institute of Technology (Ohio Valley Region)
• Benjamin Nichols, Harkins Builders Inc. (North Atlantic Region)
• Zakary Payne, P.E., Matrix Design Group (Rocky Mountain Region)
• Claudia Penny, HCR Construction Inc. (South Atlantic Region)
• Jorge Rodriguez, P.E., M.S. Hatch Consulting (California Region)
• Mary Ruiz, Quaternary Resource Investigations (Lower Mississippi)
• Stephen Shattuck, formerly with LandMark Engineering and Land Planning Inc. (South Central Region)
For more information on SAME’s Leader Development Program, visit www.same.org/ldp.
Drawing over 1,800 attendees each year, JETC is the foremost education and training event for public and private sector professionals in the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental, facilities management, project planning and contracting fields including members from all U.S. uniformed services, industry, academia and other state, local and federal agencies. More information is available at www.samejetc.org.
Congratulations Capt Brendan Maestas!