LOCATION: HOPE HOTEL & RICHARD C. HOLBROOKE CONFERENCE CENTER – STRATO FORTRESS ROOM
***PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE – THIS IS THE 3RD THURSDAY OF THE MONTH!!***
- Program: Challenges and Opportunities of a 100 Year Old Flood Protection System
- Speaker: Don O’Connor, PE, Assistant Chief Engineer, Miami Conservancy District
Don O’Connor, PE, became the Assistant Chief Engineer for Miami Conservancy District (MCD) in April of this year. Don will share some of MCD’s maintenance challenges as owners of five 100+ year old dry dams, their retarding basins and preserved floodplain, and 55 miles of levees. He’ll share how MCD’s mission has expanded in recent years, and some fun stories and stats.
Prior to joining MCD, Don served as the City of Fairborn city engineer. He previously served as administrator of public services and as a professional engineer both with the City of Toledo. He also has experience with a private engineering firm. Don holds a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from the University of Toledo.
Regular registration runs through Aug 13th. An additional $2 late registration fee will be added to the ticket price after that date.
- Check-in begins at 11:15AM the day of the luncheon
- Refunds cannot be issued if cancellations are made less than 48 hours prior to the event. If the “pay at the door” option is utilized and the reservation is not honored or cancelled prior to 48 hours before the event, payment is still expected and an invoice will be sent.
- There is no need to print tickets or bring them with you.
- Credit cards are accepted on-line or at the door. The “Pay at the Door” option is available by clicking on the “Payment Method” pull down on the second page when making your reservation.
- Contact Teri French, (937) 255-5654 x3549, email@example.com or Amir Mott, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.